Hal serves the North Texas and Oklahoma area as a General Adjuster handling a wide range of property and liability assignments. He joins Paul R. White & Company with 32 years of professional experience handling insurance claims. He has All Lines Adjuster Licenses in Texas and Oklahoma. Hal routinely handles claims involving complex investigation and coverage issues with loss reserves exceeding $3,000,000. His years of experience include losses involving property associations, multi-family risks, Municipalities, Churches, manufacturing, and many other types of commercial loss exposures.
Mr. Hoyt graduated from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science, Finance degree. He lettered as a member of the golf team during his four years at Louisiana Tech.
Mr. Hoyt started his career as an outside property adjuster with a major US carrier and spent over twelve years employed by two major carriers as an adjuster, branch supervisor, and the youngest member of the corporate quality control team. Hal has been deployed in response to numerous Catastrophic weather events such as wind, hail, ice, tornado, and hurricanes. In 1992, Mr. Hoyt set up and managed the personnel and operations of the emergency field office operations consisting of company staff and independent adjusters in Baton Rouge, LA following the landfall of Hurricane Andrew. Additionally, Hal’s adjustment experience includes many complex commercial and personal lines property losses due to fire, explosions, ice, hail and wind damage.
Hal has experience working with Agents, General Contractors, Engineers, counsel, public adjuster’s, and consultants to successfully conclude settlements of claim.
Mr. Hoyt’s additional specialties include:
- Learned skills in coverage interpretation and estimate preparation of commercial and residential line claims up to $3,000,000,
- Training and inspection of staff and independent adjusters, office personnel, evaluations, and on-site catastrophe operation setup and management,
- Regional large loss evaluator,
- Commercial General Liability investigations/adjustments, including construction defect claims and pre-litigation.
- Evaluation in claims handling bad faith litigation, property damage mitigation, settlement negotiation, and multifamily property losses,
- Disputed loss experience as named Appraiser and Umpire.
Hal continues to broaden his knowledge by attending numerous industry seminars on topics such as ethics, dispute resolution, policy coverage, cause & effect, roof evaluations, and loss of business income.