Mr. White oversees the daily operation of his staff of adjusters who handle a range of losses, many with complex coverage issues. Mr. White routinely handles Large Loss property claims, between $500,000.00 and $25,000,000.00 in value. His attention to detail and negotiating skill has led to his being named as the policy designated adjuster for several regional and national accounts. His responsibilities include:
- Oversight, management and day to day operation of a multi-line adjusting firm. Supervising, and deploying between 10-15 adjusters throughout Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
- Oversight of international program policy adjustments in excess of 20 Million USD.
- Involved with settlement regarding multiple claimants after a Duke Energy blowout explosion near Anahuac, Texas.
- Claims handling associated with municipal power providers and associated environmental cleanup.
- Responsible for company-wide oversight and deployment in response to Catastrophic weather events in April 2011 (North Texas), May 2012 (North Texas), October 2014 (North & Central Texas), April & May of 2016 (San Antonio Texas). Worked Hurricane Rita 2005, Hurricane Ike 2008 and Hurricane Harvey 2017.
- Handling of complex commercial property losses:
- Performing initial loss assessment.
- Proactively handling of all issues including coverage issues, property damage mitigation, period of restoration, and settlement negotiation.
- Handling multifamily, manufacturing, and various types of commercial property losses.
Mr. White’s additional specialties include:
- Calculation of Business Income & Extra Expense Loss on all types of commercial risks.
- Builder’s Risk losses
- Property damage claims involving third parties, subrogation and recovery
- General Aviation Hull and 3rd party claims
- Evaluation of claims handling in bad faith litigation
- Appraisal and Umpire Panel selection throughout Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma
Mr. White is a 2001 graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana, with a degree in Business Administration. Chris began his claims career in October, 2004, with Paul R. White & Company and worked closely with the President, Russell A. White over the intervening years.
In 1999, Mr. White received his Private Pilot’s license and added an ASEL instrument rating in 2001. During this time, he has logged approximately 650 total hours of flying time, much of this during cross-country and international flying. This unique combination of skills allows him to utilize his abilities in the aviation claims market for our clients.
Throughout his career, Mr. White has continued to broaden his knowledge, attending numerous industry seminars. Mr. White has presented continuing education and training seminars for individual client carriers from 2015 through the present day. Topics for these meetings included policy forms and coverage, roof and hail evaluations, coinsurance, valuation of buildings and personal property, business income losses, and compliance with Texas Chapter 542 claims handling.
Mr. White is active in the Houston claims environment, a board member of the Texas Independent Insurance Adjusters Association, a member of the Loss Executives Association, and a member of the Organization of Flying Adjusters (#165).